Potential Window of Pt, Hg, Carbon electrodes in aqueous solution
The figure below shows the appropriate materials of the electrodes to research at some potential range. To analyze the redox activity of a substance dissolved in a kind of aqueous electrolyte with certain pH, it is indispensable to consider about electrode's hydrogen over, oxygen over voltage and dissolution potential.
Akira Fujishima, Toru Inoue, Method of Electrochemical measurement(1984) Gihodo Publishers
Working Electrode - More Information
- Potential Window [Pt, Hg, Carbon] in Aqueous Solution
- What is CV (Cyclic Voltammetry) Measurement?
- Working electrode selection
- Micro electrodes
- Variety, Features and Shapes of Working electrodes
- Full Listing of Working Electrodes and Accessories